COVID-19: Connecticut Updates and Resources
Dr. Garofalo’s practice is dedicated to serving the health concerns of our patients, staff and community. We are carefully monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the latest guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Connecticut Department of Public Health to best protect our community.
Nuvance Health Issued Change in Procedures:
As of May 20th, 2020 patients may once again use the 30 Stevens street entrance to our office.
The following has been implemented in our office to keep our patients safe:
- All patients are asked to come alone to their appointments to minimize the traffic in and out of our office.
- All patients are asked to wear masks or face coverings throughout their entire visit.
- The exam rooms will be deeply sanitized between patients.
- The waiting room will be deeply sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- Patients will be screened for symptoms and temperatures will be taken prior to entering our office.
If you are a current patient at Dr. Garofalo’s practice and have an appointment scheduled, please call us at (203) 855-3535 for the latest practice updates.
TeleMedicine Appointments Now Available
To best accommodate you during this time, we are now offering TeleMedicine appointments to our patients with immediate health concerns. These virtual appointments can be done in the comfort of your own home through our HIPAA compliant platform and can be accessed by a smartphone or laptop.
TeleMedicine appointments can help you avoid a trip to the doctors’ office during the COVID-19 outbreak and ensure that your doctor can continue to provide quality care remotely
Types of visits you can make a TeleMedicine appointment for:
- Postpartum check-ups
- Obstetric visits
- New patient visits and initial consultations
- Gynecological problems
- Well women exam follow up appointments
- Discussing sensitive topics like STI-screening results, Pap test results, etc.
- Answering any health questions or concerns
Please note, you will need a cell phone, tablet, desktop or laptop to conduct your appointment. Please be sure it is sufficiently charged and has a camera and microphone. If you are not completely familiar with technology, you may want to ask a family member or friend to help you set-up.
To schedule a TeleMedicine appointment at Dr. Garofalo’s practice, please click here or call the office at (203) 855-3535. Please let us know if you have any questions on how to set up your TeleMedicine appointment on your device before the time of your appointment.
- Care.com: Your Coronavirus Questions, Answered: What Families and Caregivers Need to Know
- CDC: Cases & Latest Updates
- CDC: Symptoms & Testing
- CDC: Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- CT.Gov: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Dr. Garofalo’s Blog: COVID-19 and Pregnancy: What You Need to Know
- Nuvance Health Network: Visitation Policy for Labor and Delivery Patients
- Nuvance Health Network: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- Nuvance Health Network: Frequently Asked Questions:
- Nuvance Health Network: Tips for Coping with COVID-19
- Stony Brook Medicine: Information About Coronavirus
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine: Information About Coronavirus for pregnant patients
- ACOG: Information about Coronavirus, pregnancy and breastfeeding