COVID-19 Office Protocols
Dr. Garofalo’s practice is dedicated to the safety of our patients, staff and community. We continue to carefully monitor the COVID-19 situation and are following the latest guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Connecticut Department of Public Health to best protect our community. We are providing information and training to our staff to ensure that all of our patients receive the best and safest care possible.
To date, we have taken the following protocols to ensure the health and safety of our patients:
- All patients entering the building must pass the COVID-19 screening questions.
- We are requiring face covering and/or masks for all patients entering our office.
- Only patients with appointments are being allowed into the building to ensure they have been appropriately screened.
- We are offering TeleMedicine appointments, when appropriate, to minimize risk and reduce in-office visits.
- In an effort to keep you safe as we begin to re-open our offices to non-emergency visits, we will be making an effort to streamline visits to minimize your time in the office. We will be doing your health maintenance physical exam and routine prescription renewals. Any additional concerns or discussions can be handled via a TeleMedicine visit, allowing you to stay safe in your home.
- Patients are waiting in the reception area and are socially distanced. We will are calling patients into the exam rooms promptly.
- All staff are wearing masks – both medical and administrative.
- The office undergoes a rigorous disinfecting process throughout the day as well as overnight.
- There are strategically placed hand sanitizers throughout the office.
Schedule an Appointment
All scheduled appointments will be kept, although we will be offering the option of TeleMedicine under certain circumstances. If you need to schedule an appointment, please click below.
Helpful COVID-19-Related Resources
We encourage you to keep yourself updated on information about coronavirus by looking at the following resources: